Pest Control Operators Information

Our Pesticide Regulation Division serves to protect public health and safety, pesticide handlers, agricultural workers, and the environment from the harmful effects of pesticide misuse. Professional pest control operators, advisers, commercial applicators, growers, pesticide dealers, and other users are regulated for the purpose of preventing the inappropriate or illegal use of pesticides.

The Division collects samples to be analyzed by the toxicology laboratory for project monitoring and agricultural or structural pesticide related investigations.

We offer training for other county personnel, governmental agencies, schools and private applicators in the safe and effective use of pesticides. This training is to ensure pesticide usage complies with state and federal laws and regulations, is appropriate, and minimizes risks to humans, animals, and the environment.

Any business that advertises, solicits, or operates as a pest control business in the County of Los Angeles must be registered with our Department. Businesses that perform pest control work incidental to their work, such as a Maintenance Gardener, must also be licensed and registered.

This document will explain the different categories of pest control businesses.

Click here to submit a Structural Fumigation Notice of Intent.

Click here to download the Agricultural Notice of Intent form.

See the links below for the County of Los Angeles registration forms, pertaining to pesticide use, or call our Pesticide Regulation Division at (626) 575-5466.


Structural Companies:


Agricultural Companies:


Maintenance Gardener:


Pest Control Advisers:


Pilots Performing Pest Control:


Restricted Material Permit (RMP) or Operator Identification Renewal Information:


Apiary Registration:



The examination for the Qualified Applicators License or the Qualified Applicators Certificate is given by the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR). The application packet and exam schedule is available at our Department Headquarters or at the DPR website.

The examinations for the Structural Pest Control Operator and Field Representative licenses are given by the Structural Board. Please visit the Structural Pest Control Board Website.

Here's our brochure, Pest Control Work and Pesticide Safety

Click here for a list of additional documents, publications, and links helpful for pesticide applicators.